Tuesday, July 31, 2012

October 13th

I did it!  I signed up for a 5k!  I'm really excited, especially since my sisters will be joining me.  It's great to feel like I am getting support from them.  Support, especially when it comes to weight loss, can be very difficult to find.

My goal is to be trained by mid September, so that by the time October 13th rolls around, it'll be a breeze.  Once I am done with that, I intend on signing up for a 10k and begin working towards that.  By the end of March, I'd like to be able to run a half marathon, and by the end of 2013, I'd LOVE if I could run a complete marathon. 

I've never been able to see myself actually doing any of those things.  But, just as I am setting weight loss goals for myself each month, I must also strive for other goals as well.  These are great fitness goals, and I am sure that I will stay motivated to continue doing it, especially after I complete the 5k. 

I've seen several people do tough mudder races (don't laugh at me if that's not what it's called - this is pretty late for me to be writing), and it's something that I thought was kind of gross, but after some thought, I think that is something that I am going to try to do one day as well!  Why not go for it all, right?

When thinking about what I want to do to reward myself for reaching my final goal (I'll get there this time, yessirreebob I will!) and I think when I lose all my weight, I am going to go sky diving.  It's something that I have always wanted to do.  I want to experience the adventure, the thrill, the need to pee my pants but the ability to not do so... I want to scream and laugh and watch the world beneath me.  I have never looked into it before because, well, a 200+ lb. woman flying from the sky would pretty much scare the crap out of anyone!  Especially the person strapped to that 200+ lb woman.  I'm sure he/she would be pre-tty afraid that the parachute wouldn't hold such a load. 

Anyway, goals!  Goals, goals, goals.  If I have none, I'll fail.  That's my new philosophy!  (I'm borrowing that philosophy, but let's just say that I came up with it.  For arguments sake).  One of my MAJOR goals is to get this flabby belly under control!  47 lbs gone in under 3 months - it's no wonder my stomach is moving side to side when I'm at a standstill!  Yuck.

It's way past my bedtime (it's not even 10:30 pm, but I have two kids and a crazy job.  I.  Am.  Tired.). 

Goodnight all!

~Cindy~

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I looked in your profile and saw we live relatively close. I'm wondering what race you are signed up for? some of my in-laws signed up for a Zombie Run down in Maryland in late October, but I can't swing the $80 entrance fee + a trip to Maryland. I need something else to look into! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete