Sunday, July 22, 2012

Flying off, moving, moving, and competition

Holy, holy cow!  I cannot believe the scale.  I stepped on it this morning and couldn't believe my eyes.  I actually stepped on it twice to ensure that my weight was correct. 

185.2

I am only 11 lbs away from where I was in April 2011!  8 lbs in two weeks is crazy!!  It's probably because these last two weeks I have moved so much!  I am being activity literally every single day.  Today, I decided that I wanted to get one of the Jillian Michaels Wii games for working out.  I walked a mile to get the game and a mile back home.  My goal is to try to be active for an hour each day. 

We started a weight loss challenge at work this week.  I am using it as even more motivation to eat right and be active.  The competition is fierce, plus I am at a bit of a disadvantage because I'm already 23 lbs into this journey.  I doubt that I'll have a third week with a 4 lbs loss.  The people I work with are starting fresh.  So it could really go either way.  The competition ends at the end of August.  The person with the highest percentage of weight loss gets $140.  I could really use that money to buy myself some new clothes :)  I anticipate that I'll have lost my other 13 lbs by then!

So, I've lost just over 10% of my initial weight so far.  That was my first goal.  My second goal is 173 - to get me past the weight I was at in April 2011.  My third goal will be 160 lbs.  And from their I'll try for 150, but I don't know if my body will let me get there.  But hey, I'll try!  :)

What's a bit sad for me is that when I was at this weight a year and a half ago, I felt incredible!  Now, I look at myself and feel flabby and gross.  I'm sure having a second baby caused my stomach to be much more flabby this time around.  I also waited over a year from having Joshua to lose weight, whereas now I am losing it quickly and immediately after having Sofia.  I'm sure there are many contributing factors to the flabby, grossness of my stomach.  Weight gain from pregnancy, a second child, rapid weightloss, etc.

I'm gonna wrap up here, but we'll see what the week brings! 

Thanks for reading!

~ Cindy ~

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel about the extra loose skin the second time around. After Laila things pretty much went back to what they were by the time her first birthday came around. This time, not so much. Things are in different places, but it's a small price to pay for my wild monkey child. They say it takes two years for your body to fully recover from having a baby, so we need to remember that!

    ReplyDelete