Sunday, July 29, 2012

C25K, ok!

Another 4 lbs loss this week.  That's 12 lbs in just three weeks (holy moly guacamole....yum, I could SO go for some!)  I am just a few pounds away from my lowest weight in Feb 2011!  So exciting.

Today I started training for a 5k using the C25K app (it's free!  Go get it and start training!)  It was easier than I expected it to be.  Let me rephrase that - I did better than I expected myself to.  Week 1 Day 1 begins with a 5 minutes walking warm-up, followed by 20 minutes of 60 seconds of running/90 seconds of walking, and at 25 minutes a 5 minute cool-down walk.  I did 2.38 miles in 30 minutes.  Not bad.  I need to commit to 3 times a week.  I really want to run (not walk) 5k!  Next year I want to participate in the Color Run!  I've seen a few people post on FB about it, and it looks SO much fun!!!  Plus, I would be SO proud of myself if I could run the whole thing!  Today, I was barely able to run .125 miles!  Once around the track is .25 miles, and I don't even think I ran half the track at a time.  Hopefully by next week I'll be able to run at least one full lap.

I'm going to keep it short today.  I have soo much to do and not enough time to do it!

Enjoy your day!!

~Cindy~

2 comments:

  1. One of my goals is to do a Color Run (I also want to do the Shape Diva Dash next year- it looks like so much fun!)! I plan on starting the C25K tomorrow. I did it a few years ago pre-kids and jogged a 5k after I finished. My time wasn't great, but I never walked! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Keri! I want to do a Color Run so bad!!!

    ReplyDelete